During their time in the White House, Barack and Michelle Obama loved nothing more than spending millions of our tax dollars on their lavish vacations. Now, just how much taxpayer funds they spent on their vacations has been revealed, and it’s even worse than we thought it would be…
Bizpac Review reported that the Obamas spent a staggering $114,691,322.17 on travel while Barack was president. In contrast, Donald Trump has only spent $10,381,792.35 in one year in office, which shows just how much money he is saving all of us.
This was all revealed by conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, who obtained records from the U.S. Department of the Air Force and the Secret Service in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request and two FOIA lawsuits for travel expenses by the families of Obama and Trump.
In February of 2014, two Obama vacations cost the Secret Service $272,192.91:
- Michelle Obama’s annual trip to Aspen with her daughters – where she shut down the airport for an hour – cost $6,970 in air/rail, $5,614.99 in car rentals and $76,078.30 in hotels for a total of $88,663.29
- President Obama’s annual golfing trip to Palm Springs included a meeting with Jordan’s King Abdullah II and cost $10,951 in air/rail, $10,166.79 in car rentals and $162,411.80 in hotels for a total of $183,529.62
- Michelle Obama made two North Carolina trips in 2016 to campaign for Hillary Clinton. Air Force expenses total $40,902.40. In both trips, she took a C-40C military jet operating at $5,312 per hour.
- Michelle Obama flew to Charlottesville then to Raleigh on October 4 for 2.1 hours at a total of $11,155.20
- Michelle Obama flew round trip to Belville and then Salem on October 26 and 27 for a total of 5.6 hours at $29,747.20.
In addition, Obama’s annual trips to his former hometown of Chicago cost $7,444,780.78.
- During fiscal year 2015, Obama flew 9 hours at an operating cost of $206,337 per hour for a total of $1,857,033
- During fiscal year 2016, Obama flew 5 hours at an operating cost of $180,118 per hour for a total of $900,590
- During fiscal year 2017, Obama flew 6.2 hours at an operating cost of $142,380 per hour for a total of $882,756
- Secret Service records show a total of $3,804,401.78 in costs between 2011 and 2016 for the Chicago trips. The Secret Service spent $3,372,399.07 in hotels, $423,428.28 in car rentals and $8,574.50 in miscellaneous expenses.
“We elect a president, not a king with a royal right to travel at taxpayers’ expense,” Judicial Watch reported. “He should travel efficiently and safely, but not unduly. And it shouldn’t require federal lawsuits to prod the Secret Service and Air Force to produce information about the costs of presidential travel. Whether the travel is necessary or not, it’s a massive amount of money. We will continue to monitor this spending while taxpayers continue to pay the bills for presidential travel.”
SHARE this story if you think Trump is a far better president than Obama!